Shen's News: Last days in Japan, such a wonderful time. In the last few days I was blessed to accompany Steve Oda, 35 years' sarod student of Ustad Ali Akbar Khan, twice. Blogs coming soon, I promise. From previous weeks, I've posted photos and stories about Tenzin's tour of Japan: parts 1, 2 and 3, plus Gifu Sangeet Mela 2009.
I'll be back in Brisbane on Thursday morning and have some very nice concerts ahead. On Sunday I'll be playing twice at Qld Multicultural Festival, with Saikat Bhattacharya at the Ceremonial Stage at 4.20pm and then immediately after that with Tibet2Timbuk2 on the Lake Stage at 5.10pm. Then the following weekend I have 3 concerts with fantastic vocal/sitar duo Debapriya-Samanwaya in Bangalow, St Lucia and Mudjimba (Sunshine Coast). You can get advance tickets at a discount price from my webshop. Please check out this amazing duo on Youtube; you're bound to be impressed.
Tibet2Timbuk2 news: "Daway Wola" recently won "Best Fusion" at the Music Tibet Awards! We have entered a few songs in the 2009 National Musicoz Awards - please follow the link to vote for us! In other news, our CD "Music is Life" is now available for download in high quality format from the EthnoSuperLounge Shop. Proceeds go to support Tibetan Children's Village. If you've heard it and like it, please check out 20 easy ways to help Tibet2Timbuk2.
SHEN'S GIGS - THIS WEEK
- Thu 15 Oct Shen arrives home in Australia
- Sun 18 Oct Brisbane: Qld Multicultural Festival - Tibet2Timbuk2, Saikat & Shen
- Wed 14 Oct Indooroopilly: Manipuri Dance
- Thu 15 Oct Southbank: Karaikkudi R Mani's "Sruthi Laya"
- Fri 16 Oct Ocean Shores: Vinod Prasanna (bansuri) + Rodney Wright (tabla)
- Sat 17 Oct Mullumbimby: Vinod Prasanna (bansuri) + Rodney Wright (tabla)
- Fri 23 Oct Bangalow: A Taste of India - Debapriya-Samanwaya with Shen
- Sat 24 Oct St Lucia: Indian Classical Home Concert - Debapriya-Samanwaya with Shen
- Sun 25 Oct Mudjimba: A Taste of India - Debapriya-Samanwaya with Shen
SHEN'S RECENT BLOGS
- Gifu Sangeet Mela 2009
- Tenzin in Japan: part 3
- Tenzin in Japan part 2: Sightseeing in Kamakura
- Tenzin in Japan: part 1
SHEN'S BEST OF THE WEB
MORE OF SHEN'S BEST
- 10 Forgotten Facts About Historical Events
- The 'Democratization of Music.'
- 10 More Amazing Facts About Dreams
- サンギート・メーラ インド古典音楽と舞踊の祭典
- Yet Another 10 Conspiracy
Bhavatu Sabbe Mangalam - May All Beings Be Happy