16.5.06

Sat 10 Jun Indooroopilly - S. Sowmya (Carnatic vocal)

Posted on behalf of Sri Selva Vinayaka Koyil (Ganesha Temple)...

Hindu Ahlaya Sangam Qld Inc

presents a scintillating vocal music concert by the popular

S. Sowmya

accompanied by

R K Sriramkumar (Violin), Neyveli Narayanan (Mridangam)

Sowmya says…..
A Carnatic musician by profession, mine has been a life soaked in melody from the very beginning. Growing up in a traditional South Indian family, I had my initial tutelage in music from my father Dr. Srinivasan. Later I was singularly fortunate to be taken under the wings of Sangeetha Kalanidhi Dr. S. Ramanathan - exemplary musician, esteemed musicologist and extraordinary human being. My musical instincts were further honed by Smt. T. Muktha, of the legendary Brinda-Muktha duo. I owe all my success and achievements till today to these individuals and to the bountiful blessings of my beloved Ambal, the Goddess Kamakshi of Kanchipuram.

VENUE: Indooroopilly State High School, Ward St, Indooroopilly.
6 PM, Saturday 10th June 2006

TICKETS: Family $50 (2 x Adults & 2 x Children-Under 12)
Adult $20 Concession: $15

CONTACT: S.M.Paramanathan (33767962), P.Senthilnathan (32795212), R.Vimalachandran (32793696), D.Namasivayam (32792047), Shanthi Anandarajah (33768971), Vasuki Sivaananthan (32794597), Viji Krishnaratnam (34222495)

No comments: