Posted on behalf of Linsey Pollak...
Don't Miss This!!!!!!
THE NARASIRATO PAN PIPERS
From the Solomon Islands
Presenting their extraordinary Are’ Are’ music and dance.
Playing the final concert of their Australian tour in Kin Kin.
at "The Bamboo Circle"
a unique outdoor performance space
1193 Pomona - Kin Kin Rd, Kin Kin.
(1/2 km on Pomona side of Kin Kin.....look for the Red Flag)
Sat April 21st, 7pm
$20 & $15 (kids FREE)....tickets at the venue only...(plenty of room)
(All money raised will go to build a Cultural House in their village).
bring something to sit on and a picnic!
Phone 5485 4343 for more info or if unsure of weather conditions.
• 9 musicians will present a performance of traditional and contemporary music, played whilst dancing intricate choreographies
• exquisite island vocals and harmonies,
• playing unique bamboo instruments including pan pipes, thong o phones, drums, percussion, stomping tubes, conch shells
• costume is traditional Are' Are' dress
• the musicians live a traditional lifestyle amidst a rainforest, in one of the more remote locations in the Solomon Islands, Pacific Ocean
• the group is an international festivals act, who have toured to Canada, New Zealand, England, Taipai and Australia
They are an extraordinary group of musician/dancers, who always end up 'the talk of the Festival' wherever they perform.
Also performing Kin Kin's own 20 piece marimba band "KKarimba"
This will be an amazing night.....tell all your friends